Monday, May 23, 2011

Nocturne...

I took a communications class once and learned about internal noise.
I have alot of that going on lately.
I was walking to class today, and just thinking and thinking.
About what I want to do, who I want to end up being.
a couple of weeks ago, someone told me that I needed to ask myself where I wanted to be in 5 years, and then just go for it.
I thought to myself, I do not want to be working shifts in a hospital in 5 years. Not that it's a bad thing, that just isn't where I see myself.
I love adventure. I want to have it. lots and lots of it! but... I can't really major in adventure.
I want to serve others, that is what I want. I want to put myself in a position where I can help others, where I can give them something that they don't have, and in turn, I get to meet people and make new friends and forge these rich new relationships.
I love where I'm working right now. It is, I think, one of the things that has inspired me to want to serve others. I feel, sometimes, like I am helping the kids I work with, like maybe I am doing something important.
I can't wait to stop feeling like... like a "wave of the sea, driven with the wind and tossed." That is how it is, this other life. It's just ... a bit unstable. I'm so grateful for the Rock that I'm trying so hard to stay anchored to =)
~*you've got to lose to know how to win~*

No comments: