Wednesday, January 23, 2013

It beats for you, so listen close

Drops of Awesome

A friend posted this on her blog and I wanted to share it, I seem to be finding myself amidst alot of peptalks today. Miss Jessica (who I don't know) reminded me this morning of the power of positive thinking.


So like I said, lots of peptalks coming my way today. Which brings me to my next point.

Last week I got a text from a number that I did not recognize, informing me of a quilting project that was going on at a ward member's house that morning. Of course, me being the ever-too-cool person that I am, I thought,
Quilting? really? are we 70? Retired?
and then I thought, oh man. a chance to be with people my own age. Who are women.
and right then, just right then, the desire for human contact over the age of ... well, 4 months, and better even, FEMALE human contact, overrode my need to be cool. Thank goodness! Because I got to spend some time with a bunch of the really cool ladies in my ward, who I found out, contrary to my judgmental mindset, were NOT 70, NOT retired, and were actually kind of awesome. Also, I made this:

How cool is that? afterward I spent about 2 days trying to convince my husband to buy me a sewing machine. And he spent 2 days patiently explaining that right now, law school is more important than a sewing machine. Although I think I could still talk him into it if I find one that's inexpensive enough. Those things can be pretty handy to have around, if you know how to use them. Which I don't.
But I can learn! and now I want to =)
Jax sat up last night! We took video of it. Actually, I take excessive amounts of videos, it's a little ridiculous... but not alot ridiculous. I really want to remember everything about him, because he's growing so fast. In fact, He's sitting on my lap as I type this, chewing on my sweater strings. He could not do that a month ago. He also could not scream at my face a month ago, an action that I occasionally find obnoxious but usually just find hilarious. I hope that I can appreciate all of my kids as much as I love this little one. I know he's my only one, but I don't want to have an inordinate amount of pictures of Jax and a miniscule amount for my other 5.
I always say 6 kids, watch me have 2. But I think there are 5 more out there for me =)
My son is being a monkey right now. He just launched himself from a sitting position on one end of the couch at me sitting in the middle of the couch, to a standing position. He can stand if he's holding on to something. Usually my hair.
Love these days.

~*turn me up when you feel low~*



No comments: