Monday, January 21, 2013

Sure feels good

It's funny how many little things I notice with Jax now. It's almost like when you start falling in love, how you notice dumb little details about a person.
Like how they wipe their nose all the time, or flex their jaw whenever they're thinking hard.
With Jax I notice little things, like how his lips pucker up like a little duck when he first stretches in the morning.
Or how he gets this coy smile when you smile at him, and then turns his head away like he's shy.
Also, I love the way that he pouts - he sticks out his bottom lip when he's about to cry and gets the saddest little face that would just break your heart.

It really is like falling in love with this tiny person who you get to know before anyone else gets to know him.
Some days he just sits there and screams, not crying, just yelling. Personally, I think he's singing. But I guess we'll see what he's actually doing as he grows older and learns to talk =)
We had a really good weekend visiting with my parents. We really only got one full day with them, but it was so nice and so worth it.
We got to take a few pictures with them, so hopefully we can post one of those up, they turned out really nice.
We stayed with really close family friends who live kind of in the middle. All 9 of us. (There are 9 of us now, can you believe that?)It was really cool of them to be able to take all 9 of us in, like having family you can always count on.
I mean, seriously, even family sometimes might balk at 7 adults, a teenager and a baby. But not these guys. It was a big party.

In other news, I can't wait for spring. Don't you just love that first day of warmth after a long long winter?
I just love feeling the warmth on my skin that first day, the feeling that everything starts anew and especially the anticipation of summer, and swimming, and days in the park, and camping.
AND it's my baby's first time getting to experience all that, so that adds another exciting aspect to it =) Just can't wait. Life is fantastic.

~*so things can change~*

No comments: