Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Every little thing - is gonna be all right

You know what's incredible?
Being a mom. 
Okay I mean, don't get me wrong. Definitely don't be a mom before you have a dad to help you take care of the screaming, wiggling, projectile vomiting little thing that is a child. 
But it's just the coolest feeling when that baby just wants you, when he reaches up his arms for you to pick him up, and stops crying when you hold him. 
The coolest feeling when you are overcome with love for someone who has only been in your life 6 months, or 2 months, or one week. 
All the cliches are true, you know. 
It is a different love than anything you've ever felt before. 
And you will most definitely be driven to the brink of madness, only to be coaxed back by a timid little smile from a tiny face that knows its driving you there. 
That's not to say that there aren't amazing adventures to be had at all stages of life. I absolutely loved being single, had so much fun, made wonderful friends and did some great things. There was nothing quite like it. 
But there really, also, is nothing quite like being a mother. 
With that being said, I have found that I need to find things to do on this path I have chosen.
Mad Respect to the moms who can handle being at home with a small child all day, cooing and oohing and aahing and just loving them.
I do love, love, love my little sweetheart, but he is too young to play soccer or do any sports that would make me run around like a crazy soccer mommy, too young, really, to even want to play with other children yet.
I really have to work to keep myself busy.
I've started working, and I am loving my job. It's not too many hours, not yet anyway.
At first it broke my heart to have to close the door on that crying little face. But it's actually turned out to be a huge, huge blessing, because he's gotten used to being around his daddy, and his daddy plays with him every night until he falls asleep. Of course, then daddy just holds him and doesn't put him down because he wants me to see him when I get home ... we're still working out the kinks. And I absolutely love it.
Life is not perfect. Oh, there are most definitely bumps in the road.
But I'm choosing to dwell on the things that delight me.


~*This is my message to you~*

No comments: