Monday, April 29, 2013

I'm givin' you all my love

Before meeting me, my husband dated many girls.
Or rather, he went on lots of dates. With many girls.
Some of these girls straight up said "no" before he even got a chance to get the words out.
Some of them let him take them on a few dates before they told him, "you know, I was never really interested."
There were the honest few who went on one date and then said, "I just don't see it going anywhere, so I'm not going to waste your time."
Now let me tell you about my husband.
My husband is one of the sweetest, most compassionate people I've ever known.
While he may not understand women perfectly (by any stretch of the imagination), he does know how to treat a woman.
My husband opens doors for me.
He wakes up in the middle of the night to bring me water if I'm thirsty.
He rocks our sweet baby boy to sleep regularly.
He opens my door and kisses the tip of my nose before I get in the car.
He gets excited about my projects with me and, for the most part, listens to me ramble on and on about them.
He has set lofty goals for himself, and I've never met someone who worked harder to achieve them.
He is ambitious and driven and not, in the slightest bit, pretentious about his achievements.
He is intelligent but not haughty.
I could seriously go on and on but I think I'm just about past bragging point.
I would just like to say thank you to all those girls.
Your inability to look past a bit of awkwardness on the part of a young man has brought me years of future happiness.
It has given me my sweet baby boy.
It has given me the best husband I could ever have asked for,
someone I couldn't possibly have dreamed up,
and who I certainly don't deserve.
Some of you may be married and have children of your own already.
Yet others of you will spend the next several years complaining about how no one decent or normal ever asks you out.
Whoever and wherever you are, thank you (from me) for turning away from my now husband.
While it may have led to a few years of heartache for him, it has led us both - together - to an eternity of happiness.
I wish you all the best in life.

~*I won't give up~*



No comments: